Friday, November 23, 2012

Lil Wayne’s ready for rap retirement Posted: November 23, 2012, 2:32 pm ET Lil Wayne may not know the exact release date for his final album, but he does know that’ll be his swan song to rap. The New Orleans artist will release “I Am Not A Human Being II” in February, and then, as he told MTV , he’ll look ahead to ending his career with “Tha Carter V.” “I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album,” Lil Wayne said. “Man, I’ve been rappin’ since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time.” As MTV points out, Weezy could churn out a record or two before “Tha Carter V,” so his retirement might not be as close as it sounds. But when he does drop the mic, the rapper wants to go out on top. “I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14 … Thank God I haven’t put out an album that hasn’t went platinum,” he said. “To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I’m fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.” Instead, Wayne is planning to be great in another field. “I’d be a skater/sports analyst,” Wayne told MTV of his post-rap plans. “My day job will probably be sports analyst, and I’ll skate all night instead of being in the studio all night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment